When using Yahoo! Messenger, we have to go through a verification (captcha) process before we can log into chat rooms. Very frequently, we get error 999 which hinders our entry into the chat room. The process is tedious and ineffective but I have happened to find a workaround for it.
If you get error 999, donâ€™t be disheartened, just follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your chat room window (the one with the Captcha/link) is not closed.
2. Please go to the Yahoo! Messenger main window, click on the messenger menu followed by â€˜Yahoo! Chatâ€™, then â€˜join a roomâ€™.
3. The room list would pop up, just select the name of the room which you would like to join and double click or press â€˜go to roomâ€™.
4. You would see that another link in the previous chat room window would appear just below the first link.
5. Now click on that link and a new browser window would open with the verification characters.
6. Enter the code and enjoy chatting.
P.S.: This is not a fool-proof method; you need to try this persistently before getting logged off. Most of the time (99.99% of the time) this works.
If it doesnâ€™t work, keep trying.
Post Your Views With Fellow Yazak Forum Members About Yahoo BUT KEEP YOUR POSTS CLEAN!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:26 pm
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests