Chat text: Time stamps, arive/leave, alert

Any Ideas you have for New features to add to Yazak

Moderators: angel_witha_devilishgrin, christi.dove, carols_a_yazak_user, azwench

SoCo

Chat text: Time stamps, arive/leave, alert

Post by SoCo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:00 am

I'm really pleased with Yazak, formerly being a long time user of another unmentioned 3rd party client. There are a few minor features I'd like to see though....

I can't seem to find a way to turn on time stamps for chat posts. I'm one of those people who like to always have a time stamp next to everything. I can't help thinking that I just can't find this option, but this feature would be much appreciated.

The desire for time stamps will probably tip you off that I'm not always looking at the chat screen, but still interested in chat. Multiple monitors/desktops FTW! This leads me to another thing. I'd like arrive/leave notifications in the chat text. Again, I almost think I'm just not finding this option.

Along the same lines, I really like the alerts for keywords and my id being said in chat. I really like the highlighted text! It does seem a little touchy though. I realized it's because the keyword can be found inside other words. Like 'pete' in 'compete'. There might not be a way around this that would please everyone, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks, keep up the good work!